Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day!

Snow Day!
We got an incredible amount of snow today! There are so many benefits of working from home, but today, 3 benefits really stand out. 1) Its really convenient to get ready for work, (interpreted as change out of my pajamas), and go into my office. That’s it…that is my commute! I Love that. 2) I don’t have to worry about my kids when school is called off. This was really important when the kids are young. If I were employed outside the home, what if I don’t have someone to care for them? Would it cost me valuable sick time or vacation time? But it’s also important now that they are older because they value that I am here, so I can play that board game with them, and hang out. 3) Safety….I am soooo not a person who likes to drive when there is any snow on the ground, but to have to commute when there is a foot of snow on the ground scares me to death. The news reports so many accidents and cars off the road. My commute is down the hall and to the left, cup -O-Joe in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment